In our newest podcast series, Jel, Iro, and Gee watch and discuss the iconic 1995 sci-fi mecha classic, Neon Genesis Evangelion. Join us and watch along before the upcoming Netflix release.
Opening Music: “Good, or Don’t Be” – Neon Genesis Evangelion OST III
Closing Music: “Next Episode” – Neon Genesis Evangelion OST I
2:48 Episode 10: “Magma Diver”
- EVA pilots don’t get to go on school trips
- Misato pulling out the report cards
- Shinji studying at the pool like a nerd
- Of course Asuka is a genius
- Order A17
- Type-D Equipment is uncool
- Gendo’s backup plan
- Magma diving
- The Eighth Angel, Sandalphon
- NOTES: Anamolocaris
- I KNOW… THERMAL EXPANSION!
- Misato’s scar
26:01 Episode 11: “The Day Tokyo-3 Stood Still” or “In the Still Darkness”
- NOTES: This episode was animated by Studio Ghibli?
- Doing future laundry and other mundane tasks
- Magi and government by super computer
- Unit 00 gets a fresh coat of paint
- Gendo does not do parent teacher conferences
- Mysterious blackout
- The Ninth Angel, Matarael
- NOTES: Is it the eight or ninth angel?
- The only Gendo joke in the entire series
- “The enemy of mankind is mankind”
- Shinji wondering why they’re fighting god
- Manually prepping the EVAs
- This time Asuka has the crazy plan
- Looking at the stars
50:30 Episode 12: “She said, “”Don’t Make Others Suffer for Your Personal Hatred”” or “The Value of Miracles”
- Flashback to Second Impact
- Misato’s promotion
- Harmonics testing
- Time to party
- Gendo at the South Pole
- The Tenth Angel, Sahaquiel
- Major Katsuragi takes command
- Does the bathroom conversation count as a title drop?
- Second Impact Generation = Millennials
- The Zone Defense Plan
- Why does Asuka pilot the EVA?
- Misato’s dad sounds like Gendo
- Catching the Angel
- Good work, Shinji
- At the ramen stand
- NOTES: Super important ad-lib
- Why does Shinji pilot the EVA?
1:30:31 Thoughts about the show at the half way point